Adding a markup to an estimate or invoice
There may situations in which you’re required to add a markup to the cost of your labor or materials, but without bringing it to the client’s attention.
Note: Any markup that is applied to an estimate or invoice will be applied evenly across all line items. The markup will not be visible to the client.
- Open an existing or new estimate or invoice
- Tap on Edit
- Scroll down to the Items section of the estimate or invoice
- Tap on the Markup value
- Choose whether you want the markup applied as a percentage (%) or a fixed value ($) and enter the desired amount
- The markup value is now visible in the edit view; however, this line will not be shown in the final document. Tap Save
- The desired markup value has now been applied evenly across all line items, without bringing it to the client’s attention