There may situations in which you’re required to add a markup to the cost of your labor or materials, but without bringing it to the client’s attention. Any markup that is applied to an estimate or invoice will be applied evenly across all line items. The markup will not be visible to the client.
The following guide outlines the steps involved in adding a markup to an estimate or invoice.
1. Open an existing or new estimate or invoice
2. Tap on EDIT PDF
3. Scroll down to the Items section of the estimate or invoice
4. Tap on the Markup value
5. Choose whether you want the markup applied as a percentage (%) or a fixed value ($) and enter the desired amount
6. The markup value is now visible in the edit view; however, this line will not be shown in the final document. Tap on PREVIEW to view the new document
7. The desired markup value has now been applied evenly across all line items, without bringing it to the client’s attention. Tap on SEND to email the document or on the checkmark to accept changes